Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > General Conversation Forum

General Conversation Forum Casual talk for off-topic discussions.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
DEADn
Middleweight Member

One world whey?

I was listening to hi def radio on my ipod last night and I came across a commercial for oneworldwhey.com Their claim to 'fame' is that they do not heat their protein up so they can keep the proteins from unwrapping keeping it quality. I saw a 5lb bag of it for $126? Uh, OUCH?

I am not expert on this, just am aware of the very basics of whey in general. Does anyone have any opinions or fact on their claims? Or just comments in general on them?
DEADn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
FightingScott
Middleweight Member

They're claiming that their protein does not "Denature" during their processing. I have no reason not to believe them. I doubt they're lying. And this is true. If you heat protein it will "Denature" and the complex, original shape and structure of the protein will fall apart.

But that doesn't fucking matter. You know when protein also denatures? When you cook meat. CLEARLY cooked animal flesh is suitable for putting on muscle and providing the body with nutrients. In fact, cooking meat (which denatures the protein) makes meat easier for our bodies to digest. It's pretty well established that one of the reasons human beings where able to grow our large brains was because we started cooking our food, which made it easier to digest and get nutrients from.

Hell, people pay top dollar for high tech proteins like hydrolyzed whey, hydrolyzed casein, and Branch Chain Amino Acids are MORE digested and denatured than normal protein.

And if you do eat raw, non-denatured, unheated protein it still won't be of any benefit. The acids in your stomach will denature the protein. Even if these companies claims are true, your body will never allow you to reap any benefits that these proteins might have.

The supposed appeal to these raw proteins is the same appeal the misguided "raw food movement" has on people. Just because something is more natural doesn't mean it's better for you. You know what's natural? Live Tigers. Would you try to eat a live tiger? No. That would be bad for your health because the Tiger would whack your head off with its paw and eat your leg flesh.

There's a company called Trueprotein that sells some cheap, high quality stuff. If you can't find an add for them to click on, you might be blind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FightingScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
DEADn
Middleweight Member

Your post is funny! Yes, I know about True Protein. I have ordered protein through TP before. I was just curious about this one world whey stuff. Seems when companies like this come along they always have a gimmick in which to sell their product in order to make it appear better than everyone else. I just never a company advertise like I heard them advertise so I looking to find out where is the BS on it.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
steel1970
Intense Muscle Competitor

Haha...their BS is selling a product at about 3 times the price of a high quality whey isolate, and saying that its better...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"
Use my discount code at

Enter code STS987 and get 5% off
steel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:53 AM   #5
Ken "Skip" Hill
Judge, Jury and Executioner

Kind of the nature of business. I mean, in a sea of protein drinks, they have to do something to make you post a thread about at IM.

Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
Your post is funny! Yes, I know about True Protein. I have ordered protein through TP before. I was just curious about this one world whey stuff. Seems when companies like this come along they always have a gimmick in which to sell their product in order to make it appear better than everyone else. I just never a company advertise like I heard them advertise so I looking to find out where is the BS on it.

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
Facebook: TEAM SKIP
Instagram: IntenseMuscle
YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries:

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here:
Ken "Skip" Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
DEADn
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
Kind of the nature of business. I mean, in a sea of protein drinks, they have to do something to make you post a thread about at IM.

Skip
I was thinking the same thing when I posted this here but hey, I did it because among the websites I go to dealing with weightlifting this site ranks on top of the list if I want to get educated about something. although I don't intend to give it a cheap advertisement I know the intelligence of most people on this board smell the BS in it. I did as well but I wanted the understanding of the specifics of the BS in it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Buff0910
Middleweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingScott View Post
The supposed appeal to these raw proteins is the same appeal the misguided "raw food movement" has on people. Just because something is more natural doesn't mean it's better for you. You know what's natural? Live Tigers. Would you try to eat a live tiger? No. That would be bad for your health because the Tiger would whack your head off with its paw and eat your leg flesh.

There's a company called Trueprotein that sells some cheap, high quality stuff. If you can't find an add for them to click on, you might be blind.
This part me lol. haha. Love dry sarcasm.

Buff0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Lee Salado
Lightweight Member

Trueprotein has cold filtered isolate for less than 10$ a pound. I wouldn't say that Trueprotein offers cheap high quality supplements though.

I would say they offer inexpensive high quality supplements.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
TruthbeTold

"Misguided Raw Food Movement???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingScott View Post
They're claiming that their protein does not "Denature" during their processing. I have no reason not to believe them. I doubt they're lying. And this is true. If you heat protein it will "Denature" and the complex, original shape and structure of the protein will fall apart.

But that doesn't fucking matter. You know when protein also denatures? When you cook meat. CLEARLY cooked animal flesh is suitable for putting on muscle and providing the body with nutrients. In fact, cooking meat (which denatures the protein) makes meat easier for our bodies to digest. It's pretty well established that one of the reasons human beings where able to grow our large brains was because we started cooking our food, which made it easier to digest and get nutrients from.

Hell, people pay top dollar for high tech proteins like hydrolyzed whey, hydrolyzed casein, and Branch Chain Amino Acids are MORE digested and denatured than normal protein.

And if you do eat raw, non-denatured, unheated protein it still won't be of any benefit. The acids in your stomach will denature the protein. Even if these companies claims are true, your body will never allow you to reap any benefits that these proteins might have.

"Misguided Raw Food Movement???" Unfortunately, the misinformed - the misguided are mercilessly doomed / imprisoned in their own square cubed paradigm of ignorance. The real tragedy lie in the fact that they have an unending herd of followers that support the walls. Western education are it's foundation.

Sarcasm.. although funny ... often disguises lack of knowledge.

All Food - All Things - Are Energy...... especially things that we humans consume. When consuming proper foods.... one can not escape the fact that he is eating either life or death. Your cells were perfectly designed to receive the nourishment of the "Ka" - the energy of that to which you're consuming. Food cooked at high temperatures kill the "Ka" - I'm sure your well educated mind may have difficulty comprehending the finer points of this fact.

In terms of this protein.... it's over priced. Although it's the best tasting protein I've ever consumed.
TruthbeTold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
fade
Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitor

2008:
Rocky Mountain Classic - 2nd Novice Heavyweight, 4th Open Heavyweight.

2009:
Europa Super Show Dallas - 4th Open Lightheavy
Red River Classic - 7th Open Lightheavy

2010: Got Huge

2011 - Europa Super Show Dallas - 8th Open Lightheavy

Bodybuilding keeps drawing me back in
fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
Sammich
Moderator/Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 275lb Raw Club Total 1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthbeTold View Post
"Misguided Raw Food Movement???" Unfortunately, the misinformed - the misguided are mercilessly doomed / imprisoned in their own square cubed paradigm of ignorance. The real tragedy lie in the fact that they have an unending herd of followers that support the walls. Western education are it's foundation.

All Food - All Things - Are Energy...... especially things that we humans consume. When consuming proper foods.... one can not escape the fact that he is eating either life or death. Your cells were perfectly designed to receive the nourishment of the "Ka" - the energy of that to which you're consuming. Food cooked at high temperatures kill the "Ka" - I'm sure your well educated mind may have difficulty comprehending the finer points of this fact.

In terms of this protein.... it's over priced. Although it's the best tasting protein I've ever consumed.
You registered just to post that nonsense?

Last edited by Sammich; 08-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
Macho Man
Intense Muscle Competitor

I'm allergic to ka, kamplete nutjobs like you Truthbetold. I would like you to tell me more about this 'eating of death' however, as it sounds like the next homeopathic craze to sweep the country and I want to cash in on it.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
James G

I saw this product advertised over at Infowars.. I purchased five sample packs four dollars ea... each sample is two servings.. wasn't sure if you knew about the sample
packs.. Another product comming in the mail is MT. Capra double protein, that worth a try also..
James G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #14
dakoose
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:

What in the hell is this?
dakoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
Quadriceps
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James G View Post
I saw this product advertised over at Infowars.. I purchased five sample packs four dollars ea... each sample is two servings.. wasn't sure if you knew about the sample
packs.. Another product comming in the mail is MT. Capra double protein, that worth a try also..
Strong first post.
Quadriceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #16
Muscle@Duke
Light-heavyweight Member

Someone needs to put down the Steven King books and come back to reality
Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
grammo13
Lightweight Member

Ah yes, more experts. I soo excited
grammo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
Space Monkey

Quote:

Do you eat everything raw?
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
Lee Salado
Lightweight Member

[rtQUOTE=TruthbeTold;898752]"Misguided Raw Food Movement???" Unfortunately, the misinformed - the misguided are mercilessly doomed / imprisoned in their own square cubed paradigm of ignorance. The real tragedy lie in the fact that they have an unending herd of followers that support the walls. Western education are it's foundation.

In terms of this protein.... it's over priced. Although it's the best tasting protein I've ever consumed.[/QUOTE]

This post made my Ka hurt.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
LG1
Super-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Salado View Post
[rtQUOTE=TruthbeTold;898752]"Misguided Raw Food Movement???" Unfortunately, the misinformed - the misguided are mercilessly doomed / imprisoned in their own square cubed paradigm of ignorance. The real tragedy lie in the fact that they have an unending herd of followers that support the walls. Western education are it's foundation.

This post made my Ka hurt.[/QUOTE]

As well as my Ma and Pa...

- Success is the best revenge
LG1 is online now   Reply With Quote