Get Adobe Flash player
IntenseMuscle.com

Go Back   IntenseMuscle.com > Main Forums > The DOGG Pound

The DOGG Pound The Official Home of DOGGCRAPP Training. Discuss DC training, workouts, concepts and methodology, here.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Doggcrapp
Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert

Big Dave Smith----Getting ready to rumble

Dave came to me right around 247pounds I believe. He just weighed in at 270lbs. We are going to go up to 280-290 pounds and stay there to make it dense viable muscle mass that doesnt get lost in the dieting process. Dave is 21-22 years old and likes the heavy slag...you put it in front of him and he will grind it out and lift it! Franco (Bulldog21) who I also train and Dave lift with each other on the weekends from time to time--- One of my favorite things to get in my emails is an email from Franco saying "Just saw Dave this weekend, he is larger than Ive ever seen him Dante" and then I get an email from Dave saying "Trained with Franco this weekend, Dante he is looking big as a house"

Some heads are gonna roll when BigDave walks out onstage again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whlXUrvih1w

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bigdave.JPG (15.9 KB, 822 views)

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Doggcrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
alwayshungry
Light-heavyweight Member

Monster! Looking great.

Thanks for the video....
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #3
homonunculus

That's a nice pull!!!

Keep eating DAVE!!! Franco... well.... keep eating what you're supposed to be eating!!!!! LOL

-R

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's
homonunculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
havingfun
Middleweight Member

You look great. Intense lift. Keep up the good work and kick some ass.
havingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #5
deadlift0
Super-heavyweight Member

Talk about some brute strength. Thats awesome.

You can use my TrueProtein Discount code:JSG87

yeah, that's where I saw JT... the airport... do try and pay attention, old chap -RedSkull

WOW! If I were a cannibal DC is getting ketchup all over his boobies! -Future

I tell you I want to choke out most of the gym goers I see...- In-Human
deadlift0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #6
dbcb314
November 2007 Intense Set of the Month

wow... check his other vid on there

550x2 squat at age EIGHTEEN

freak...
dbcb314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
glennr2222
Middleweight Member

Gawd damn Dave! Looking swole bro
glennr2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:56 AM   #8
Musclehed
Intense Muscle Competitor

Hey guys! This is Dave, I just registered on this name a long time back. I never post over here but read the posts here often. I'm usually on Mayhem. Right now DC has me cruising to rest a chest injury. I HAD to play around two days ago and decided to just test my strength with out killing myself. Pulled 635 for 2 and slapped on 7 plates and pulled it once.

Thanks to Dante, I've NEVER been this big. Looks like at least 6 more months of bulking. 290 or bust! I'll have to get in some more training videos. The goal is to make the 6 plate deads my lighter set of 8-12 by summer's end.
Musclehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:16 AM   #9
MoGeaYuglay
Middleweight Member

he looks great, and i don't want to derail this thread, but does the quality of muscle change? because you said you wanted to keep him at a soild weight range for awhile so the muscle doesn't just go away when he diets down, what's going on here scientifically? (i'm curious because i dieted down myself, and despite eating protein, lifting heavy (2g xBW) i lost a fair bit of muscle in the process, and still look kinda blah even if carbed up high for a several days.
MoGeaYuglay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:54 AM   #10
Ironraider
Light-heavyweight Member

Damn near Intense Set of the Month for June. Great job David!

What caused the chest injury?

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured
Ironraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
DCBliever

Seems like every time I log onto IM I see a thread of some gigantic freak that Dante has help create. Insanely big. Another testimonial to DC training. Good luck Dave, you obviously have the work ethic. Yet another reason to down those meals you just don't want to eat. EDIT: I just read how old he was.....no sh*t! Even more impressive!
DCBliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #12
Musclehed

Hey Ironraider. I injured it doing smith machine flat bench. I was on my 9th rep with 3 plates and a 25 on each side. Probably had 10 or 11 in me... but when I was pushing 9 up, I felt something get tight under my arm pit and it extended towards my inner chest. Just stopped mid rep (the pins saved me from anything serious) and didn't train it. A bruise formed 3-4 days later where the injury was and went way after about 7-10 days.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
deadlift0
Super-heavyweight Member

That was seriously awesome and i just saw your squat video. Talk about in the hole. Good luck to you Dave

You can use my TrueProtein Discount code:JSG87

yeah, that's where I saw JT... the airport... do try and pay attention, old chap -RedSkull

WOW! If I were a cannibal DC is getting ketchup all over his boobies! -Future

I tell you I want to choke out most of the gym goers I see...- In-Human
deadlift0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #14
Ironraider
Light-heavyweight Member

[QUOTE=Musclehed;403372]Hey Ironraider. I injured it doing smith machine flat bench. I was on my 9th rep with 3 plates and a 25 on each side. Probably had 10 or 11 in me... but when I was pushing 9 up, I felt something get tight under my arm pit and it extended towards my inner chest. Just stopped mid rep (the pins saved me from anything serious) and didn't train it. A bruise formed 3-4 days later where the injury was and went way after about 7-10 days.

Thanks for the comments guys![/QUOTE}

I hear you bro...it happened to me a few years ago while doing heavy declines. Be careful out there...at times the field of battle can be treacherous ...

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured
Old 06-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #15
COASTAL

You are a freak of nature bro.

Best of luck to you.
COASTAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #16
BrianB2368
Heavyweight Member

awesome video, really impressive.

keep the updates coming.

you are looking huge already and 290 would be monstrous. keep eating, lol

I get my supplements where elite athletes get theirs --
Use the discount code BSB538 to save 5%

BrianB2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #17
glennr2222
Middleweight Member

EAT DAVE EAT
glennr2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #18
IronReload 04
Heavyweight Member

sick nasty!!!
IronReload 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #19
Musclehed

I'm at home in PA visiting family and friends till Friday. Mom and Dad bought some fancy steaks (which basically means more expensive than $3/lb for me) that I'm firing up on the grill. LOL. I eat CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, so it'll be nice to get some good eats while I'm home. I don't think they realize how much DC trainee's have to eat though!

Hopefully next blast I'll hit the 280+ mark.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #20
Ironraider
Light-heavyweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehed View Post
I'm at home in PA visiting family and friends till Friday. Mom and Dad bought some fancy steaks (which basically means more expensive than $3/lb for me) that I'm firing up on the grill. LOL. I eat CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, so it'll be nice to get some good eats while I'm home. I don't think they realize how much DC trainee's have to eat though!

Hopefully next blast I'll hit the 280+ mark.
lol...yeah...when you get that look from the corner of dad's eyes...as he's thinking to himself "what the heck...I should have bought the whole damn cow"...as your wiping your mouth looking for more to eat.

Then it's about time to leave.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #21
bulldog21
Intense Muscle Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by homonunculus View Post
That's a nice pull!!!

Keep eating DAVE!!! Franco... well.... keep eating what you're supposed to be eating!!!!! LOL

-R
It is a damm nice pull and doni't worry when Dave gets back i am going to make sure he gets up to the 285-290 range.....lol.....I will take him out to eat more...lol....Last time I saw him he was about to bust out of his t-shirt and had every chick at the bar where he bouces giving him second looks, the good kind of second looks.......ah the joys of youth.....lol....

As for me I am eating what i am supposed to be eating......My weight is going inverse to dave's....lol.....I wish i could give him some of my weight lol....not fat but muscle..lol....well maybe just a a few pounds of muscle...lol..

DC ATHLETE

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war. "

- General George S. Patton
bulldog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #22
Senatus
Lightweight Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcrapp View Post
Dave came to me right around 247pounds I believe. He just weighed in at 270lbs. We are going to go up to 280-290 pounds and stay there to make it dense viable muscle mass that doesnt get lost in the dieting process. Dave is 21-22 years old and likes the heavy slag...you put it in front of him and he will grind it out and lift it! Franco (Bulldog21) who I also train and Dave lift with each other on the weekends from time to time--- One of my favorite things to get in my emails is an email from Franco saying "Just saw Dave this weekend, he is larger than Ive ever seen him Dante" and then I get an email from Dave saying "Trained with Franco this weekend, Dante he is looking big as a house"

Some heads are gonna roll when BigDave walks out onstage again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whlXUrvih1w

Faaaah-REEEEAK! Damned impressive.

I'm curious, Dante: how long will you keep him @ 280-290? I've always wondered how long to stay at a heavier weight to make it "stick" when it's dieting time.

-Sean
Senatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #23
Doggcrapp

if possible 4-6 months helps density greatly...unfortunately alot of competitors think 4 weeks and "its theirs"....and then boom what comes off the first week of the dieting process? half bodyfat and half of that new muscle mass they thought they owned.
bodybuilding is all abut "time in"

Facebook:

You can buy right from the source and get the high quality raw materials from Truenutrition.com or you can pay 1.5 to 3 times the cost for a glossy jug, fancy multicolored label, and $13000 per page magazine advertising costs....for a company I just might be making the product for anyway........

DC Training -
Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #24
Sentinel
Banned by Skip for being a bitch

very very impressive
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM   #25
Doggcrapp

UH OH....Watch out! Big Dave Smith update!

Ill take "Rapid muscle mass accumalation" and "Big Dave Smith" for 500 Alex

Now hanging at the 275 pounds mark (with abs)

Get ready for the Daily Double.... 280 and then 290 pounds are around the corner and coming up fast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BDSside chest.JPG (42.3 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg BDSlatspread.JPG (77.2 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg BDSabs.JPG (12.3 KB, 320 views)

Facebook:

DC Training -